EFWA 2017 Eco Fashion Week is packed with national/international designer and student runway shows, design and textile art exhibitions, pop up shops, workshops, and seminars to promote sustainability in a way we make and wear our clothes.
Our focus is on sustainable, ethical production, organic and natural materials which does not leave carbon foot prints – garments created with Organic, re- cycled, up-cycled fabrics, traditional hand crafted textiles.
EFWA is passionate about creating a word where garments have a clean and positive story to tell.
Eco Fashion Week Australia invites you to join us and tell the story of your designs on the 23rd-27th November 2017.
Australia’s first International Eco Fashion week EFWA brings people together for a week to celebrate sustainable amazing designs, runway shows, conferences, design and textile art exhibitions, student shows and awards.
Our runway shows will display National and International designers sustainable creations while inspiring and educating general public.
We celebrate sustainable ethical fashion with runway shows and week long exhibitions and courage to educate the public.
STUDENT CATEGORIES ‘GENERAL’ and ‘SCHOLARSHIP’
General Student Entry
EFWA is providing students with the opportunity to present 2-3 ECO outfits at our inaugural fashion week.
EFWA encourage emerging designers to look at sustainable ways of designing and producing their collections. Sustainable fashion is the only way forward for fashion industry.
See How to Apply and Submission Requirements.
Student Scholarship Entry
EFWA will be awarding up to 10 Scholarship to Fashion Students from around Australia. EFWA encourage emerging designers to look at sustainable ways of designing and producing their collections. Sustainable fashion is the only way forward for fashion industry.
- 6-Runway looks
- Week long exhibition/pop up shop Social media posts
- Gala night show with one model for runway
- Runway images in USB
- Interview featured EFWA website and event promotion on social media channel
HOW TO APPLY ‘GENERAL’ & ‘SCHOLARSHIP’
EFWA requires at least two (2) of the following ECO criteria in your designs:
- Environmentally friendly fabrics (organic cotton, wool, hemp, bamboo)
- Evidence of zero waste in your collection
- Locally, ethically produced
- Re-cycled/Up cycled materials
- Application of traditional handmade textile techniques and craft
- Strictly NO fur, and any animal parts
Include the following materials:
- 1 page max document headed with your name and contact details clearly indicated, description of your concept and how your work meets two or more of the EFWA criteria listed above
- A3 Presentation Board for each design submitted for consideration. These boards should show concept through to completed images of each design
Ensure that your submission document is clearly labelled with EFWA , general or scholarship submission and your family name.
Email your application document to:
Application Deadline: 30th September 2017